Saturday, June 19, 2010

SUPER JUNIOR, 6 June '10.


Sands Expo & Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands Singapore
It was a typical Sunday, I had school the next day and 2 assessment tasks due on Monday but I decided to ignore those things that day and hang out with my fellow Jakartan friend Nuna. I planned to accompany her to some concert, and she was very excited about it. Thought it couldn't hurt, I don't have to pay for it and thought it would be fun. I didn't know what band I was watching until Nuna and I waited in line and whoa the line was superly long! like *insert name of your favorite actor*'s penis

I honestly didn't know who Super Junior was, I've heard about them, I know they're Korean, but I didn't know they were a boy band that has 12 members... Most that were in line, were girls and I thought "oh crap what have I gotten myself into?" So me and Nuna waited for at least an hour, all of the girls in line were pretty excited. After we all went in, Nuna and I were pretty in front but also squished (BY EVIL FANGIRLS). It was super loud, they played this video of Super Junior saying Hi to Singapore and 2 of their music videos in a loop, and every time (EVERY TIME) you see Super Junior all of the girls screamed.

The concert started 30 minutes late, and then the MC came and asked questions to some audiences and gave them gifts and such. That lasted about, 40 minutes. It got pretty annoying. Then when Super Junior came on, I can hardly hear them singing with all the fan girls screaming around me. Although I have to say they have a pretty cool choreography and lighting.

Half way through the concert, Nuna and I decided to move to the back which was 90% better because we can see all of the members of SuJu now even though they're tiny, we can hear them better, and we can breath. It was nice, but overall they only played 4 songs, and after discovering how much the ticket costs it was.... not worth it if you are not a superly duperly big fan of Super Junior.

After the concert I then discovered that to get those tickets you can either bid them in a high price or buy the new Samsung Galaxy S. So I know that 99.99% of the people there were only there to see Super Junior, and not actually the launching of the Samsung phone. Overall, I'll give it a 5/10

No comments: