Saturday, June 19, 2010

EMPIRE OF THE SUN, 29 May '10


3 of my closest buddies and I went to Gatecrasher Global Sound System Indonesia to watch Empire of The Sun. Personally, I didn’t know any other artists that played there as most of them are DJs. Hearing EOTS performing at 11, we came at 10 just to be safe. My first thought when I walked through the venue was, “wtf is this?”. There weren’t a lot of people, there was a DJ playing on the main stage but no one was actually paying attention to him and most people I see had those ‘passes’ and everywhere I look it’s always a person hugging another person while screaming “Oh heeyyy! It’s good to see you again!” With a bottle of beer/vodka in their right hand and a cigarette in the other. I remember I turned around to my friend Tuna and said “This could be the worst concert I’ve ever been to”

And I was wrong, because as soon as EOTS played, everyone gathered around. The crowd was wild, people were dancing and looking up on stage with a big smile on their faces. Most of them had their camera phones out and people just kept cheering. When Luke Steele finally came on stage, the crowd screamed ever louder. I was amaze with the costumes at both the musicians and the dancers. The performance was really well organized and the dancers were very entertaining. The only thing that annoyed me was the sound system, I could barely hear Luke’s singing voice and I only heard one or two words when he was talking. I personally enjoyed Swordfish Hotkiss Night best. Overall, I’ll give it a 7.5/10.

I was disappointed Nick Littlemore wasn’t there.

No comments: