Monday, June 21, 2010

AIR SUPPLY, 20 June '10.

NOTE; Gonna post the picture later because it's in my mom's phone.

Compass Ballroom, Resorts World Convention Centre, Sentosa
One word 3 syllables: Amazing. I have to be honest I'm not a big fan of Air Supply, I came because well I quite enjoy some of their songs and plus my mom is a big fan of them. The place was the same as Tears For Fears that came early May this year, so my mom and I kept comparing the two before the concert start. How there are less young people in Air Supply, and there were more couples and such.

Anyway, the concert started 2 seconds after I came back from the toilet which was very unusual and a bit weird, I was in the front-side row with my mom so we got a pretty good view of the side stage. I wasn't expecting the concert to be so lively and energetic, I thought it would be very mellow and people would just start to move from side-to-side slowly but I was dead wrong. The band comes as the the light starts to flicker, and they didn't wait to start their first song. I was very surprised by Graham Russel and his energy. He actually jumped around, did those rockin' 70s guitar poses and I thought "wow... He's as old as my father... That's pretty cool".

Russell Hitchcock was also very energetic, and even I was surprised that his voice haven't changed after all those years. It's amazing, his voice is still amazing. Most of the time, one of them would ask the audience to clap their hands up in the air, and they would scan through the crowd and ask those people who didn't clap to clap. A person next to me didn't clap her hands, Russell actually pointed to her and asked her to clap, he kept pointing at her until she did and moved on to the other side of the stage and ask those people to clap. Then at the middle of the concert, both Russell and Graham played an entire song while walking through the audience. They would also stop for a while and take pictures with fans whilst playing.

Both of them would also tell brief stories about themselves or about the meaning behind their songs, it was pretty touching and interesting. And for one song they asked everybody to come and stand up right behind the barriers leaving their seats, everyone was glad to do so. People went wild at that point, until the ushers told people to seat buzz killer

They first came to Singapore in 1981 and I guess they really like it here. They have at least played 20 live shows in Singapore. This was definitely one of the best concert I've ever seen. 9.6 out of 10.

No comments: