Monday, August 9, 2010

BELLE AND SEBASTIAN; 7 June 2010

photo by this guy


Chicken dance. I chicken dance before, after and during the performance. Why? I was that excited. I bought this tickets roughly around 2, maybe one and a half months before the concert and the front seats were too expensive for me so I picked the one at the very back, I didn't know it would be on the top floor though.... So, I picked bad seats, my mistakes, couldn't really see Belle & Sebastian's faces, and plus I was roughly 10 feet above Belle & Sebastian. I think it's 10 feet... Well it's pretty high.

The concert though, overall was amazing. Everything about it was, amazing. From the musicians' ability to communicate with the audiences, the lighting and the musicians themselves. Stuart Murdoch, the lead singer and guitarist, even picked out a very very lucky girl (Jenny I think) to come up and dance with him on stage while they were playing 'Funny Little Frog'. That very moment, he successfully made about 1000 people jealous. Then he did the same thing to 4 lucky fans.

I remember Murdoch going down to the crowds and came back on stage with a flag... I have no idea what flag it was. He did the same thing again towards the end, he went to the audiences, sang there and didn't came back for 5 minutes. His bandmates didn't know where he went either. Then when he came back, he had the Singapore flag with him and Stevie Jackson played the Happy Birthday song because on Monday, it's Singapore's birthday. Which was pretty cool.

My friend and I actually didn't stay for the encore. It was a dilemma for me. To stay for the encore and see them play Legal Man (Hah I know their encore song thanks to Marigold and D) or to meet them in person. I chose to meet them in person, and I did :) And it was FANTASTIC! I bought their fox t-shirt and later they signed them.I did the chicken dance again after they all signed my shirt. I think Richard Colburn was the nicest one :)

No comments: